PY - Work Study Job Extension Table
This table ties into the job data information. When a new student is hired, the work study eligibility and funding status for that job must be designated. Campus financial aid offices can use this table to update the campus-level default settings for these fields. This guide will explain the Work Study Extension Table for Student Help.
- Financial Aid sends files to HRS for Work Study Awards (i.e. August is when the biggest amount of files is sent. Additional files are sent throughout each session as needed.)
- The file submitted by Financial Aid searches for a name match to add the
Work Study record to. If the Student does not exist in the system, it
sets up a Person of Interest (POI) with an Unknown type and includes the
Name, SS#, DOB, Gender.
Note: A batch process runs after each bi-weekly Payroll confirmation and matches Student Help earnings with Work Study Awards automatically, as long as the Work Study Extension box is checked. This distributes the Work Study funding.
- Info that Financial Aid automatically uploads into the system:
- Award Year/Session
- Award Amount/Award Balance
- Effective Date
- End Date
1. Navigate to: Payroll NA> Payroll Processing USA>UW Work Study> Work Study Job Extension Table
2. When a Template user or HR Administrator conducts a Search, every Student Help will have a Work Study Extension Table record created
for them, even if they do not have an award, once the Job has been
created. To view the employee's information, enter the employee's Empl_ID and click the Search button
3. The employee's existing Work Study page will be displayed.
- Most campuses will also have the Work Study Job Type default of “On
Campus” (or a version of). If the Work Study Student Help is different
than the default (ie: America Reads), a new effective dated row must be
inserted and the drop down needs to be changed to reflect the correct
Work Study Student Help type.
- The Job Type will determine the federal
share of funding during the distribution process.
- Most campuses will have the “Work Study Funded” box
checked, except UWEAU, UWLAC, UWSTO, UWSTP. The best practice is to
leave that checkbox as is, unless you have been instructed by your
campus to check or uncheck this box.
4. The Work Study Extension Table may need to be updated, based upon each
individual campus process. Smaller campuses may have their
Financial Aid offices handle the Work Study Extension Table, but it
varies by campus.