Topics Map > DOCUMENT TYPE > User Procedure
Topics Map > FUNCTIONAL AREA > Time and Labor
HRS Training - Elapsed Positive Timesheet Entry (Employee)
This document explains how an employee enters time in an elapsed positive timesheet.
Before using this guide, an employee should know the following:
- Campus login ID and password for My UW System Portal
- Employees at all campuses except Madison will log in to
the My UW System portal at https://my.wisconsin.edu/. UW-Madison employees will log in to the My UW Madison portal instead at https://my.wisc.edu. For more
information on logging into the My UW System portal, please see Logging in to
My UW System Portal.
- For employees at UW-Madison, once the My UW-Madison home page opens, click
on the Work Record tab.
- For non UW-Madison employees, the
Record tab can be found on the
far right hand side of the page.
- On the Work
Record dashboard, there will be a
portlet for Time and Absence Entry. By clicking on the Time
Entry tab, employees will be able to see the past
dates they have worked, the status of the time they submitted for that date
(approved, needs approval etc), and the total number of hours worked for that
To enter time, click on the Timesheet link below the Time Entry tab information.
NOTE: After clicking on the Timesheet link, a second log on will be required which includes the employee's Net ID and Password. After completing the second log in, the appropriate Timesheet will appear.
- You will now see your timesheet. Below is a breakdown and explanation of the different areas and fields on the timesheet.
- Employee Name: Your name.
- Employee ID: A unique eight digit identifier that is assigned to you by the system. Sometimes referred to as an EmplID.
- Job Title: Your job title. *Note: An employee may have multiple jobs. Verify that you are entering time for the correct one.
- Employee Record Number: If an employee has more than one job in HRS, each job will have a different Employee Record Number. *Note: Record numbers start at zero.
- View By: This option allows you to view the timesheet either by "Day", "Time Period", or "Week". *Note: "Time Period" corresponds to a pay period.
- Date: Enter a date during the time period for which you wish to enter time. Time can be entered in the format of MM/DD/YYYY or can be selected from a calendar by clicking the calendar icon.
- Refresh (button): After selecting the desired data, clicking the Refresh button will display the timesheet for the associated time period.
- Previous Time Period & Next Time Period: These links allow you to switch to the previous or next time period.
- Reported Hours: The number of hours you submitted for the selected time period.
- Scheduled Hours: The number of hours you are scheduled for during the selected time period. *Note: Not all employees have a schedule of hours in HRS.
- Hours Fields:
Each day has its own field for the hours that were worked that day.
- Total: The total hours worked in the selected time period. *Note: This field will not be updated until the timesheet is submitted.
- Time Reporting Code: A time reporting code (TRC) denotes the type of time worked. If the Time Reporting Code field is blank, it is treated as "Regular Hours". Examples of TRCs include "On Call", "Overtime", "Worked Holiday", "Regular Hours".
- Task Profile ID: Task Profile ID is used to select the task an employee is performing during the given hours worked. Not all employees will need to select a Task Profile ID.
- Rule Element 1: Used to denote hours put towards comp time.
- Rule Element 2: Only to be used by employees with an Auto Lunch. Used to denote a change in the Auto Lunch break taken. *Note: For more Information on Auto Lunches, please see HRS Time & Labor - Lunch Punch
- -/+ Buttons: Used to delete (-) or add (+) a row.
- Reported Time Status: This link will show/hide the Reported Time Status information. The reported time status shows the time for the selected time period that has already been submitted and its status.
- Summary of Hours: This link will take you to the Summary of Hours page. This page will separate your regular hours worked from leave you have taken, different Time Reporting Codes etc.
- Absence Event: This link will show/hide the absence events in the selected time period.
- Reported Hours Summary: This link will show/hide the Reported Hours Summary. This summary is a breakdown of the reported hours by time reporting code.
- Balances: This link will show/hide your leave balances. Leave balances are the number of hours an employee has available for various types of leave.
- Submit: Submits your time for approval. You should submit the timesheet whenever you make a change