After the Payroll Confirmation has been completed for the current Pay Run ID, you can run a finance query to identify employees whose payroll funding went to PRDFLT (Payroll Default) because funding errors were not corrected in time. The PRDFLT funding chartfield will display in WISDM (Wisconsin Data Mart for PeopleSoft Financials) as: Fund 128, Funding Department PRDFLT, Program Code 1 for the employee's appointing department.
To correct payroll default funding retroactively for employees identified on the query results, non-Madison campus users will need to create a Direct Retro Funding Distribution in PeopleSoft HRS. Madison campus users will need to use the Salary Cost Transfer web-based form and routing system to correct the funding retroactively for employees listed on the query results.
a. Pay Run ID: Enter the desired Pay Run ID. If unknown, click on the lookup icon to choose from a list of valid Pay Run IDs.
To see a list of Pay Run IDs for calendar year, refer to the Calendar Year Pay Schedules.
In order to return query results, the Payroll Confirmation must have been completed for the specified Pay Run ID
Warning: If you receive the message, "No matching values were found," one of three conditions has occurred:
(1) You neglected to enter information in all three required search fields (Pay Run ID, Business Unit, Appointing Dept).
(2) Your HRS Security access does not allow you to view query results.
(3) Your campus, division, department does not have any employees who had payroll funding errors for the specific Pay Run ID. No further action is needed.
Each employee listed on the query results needs to have their PRDFLT funding corrected for the affected Pay Run ID.
1. Non-Madison campus users should create a Direct Retro Funding Distribution in PeopleSoft HRS for all employees identified on the query results. For detailed instructions, refer to HRS KnowledgeBase document FN - Enter Direct Retro Funding Distribution .
2. UW-Madison campus users would use the Salary Cost Transfer web tool to start the approval and workflow process to correct PRDFLT funding for employees listed on the query results.
You also need to change the employee's current payroll funding in HRS on the Funding Data Entry page to prevent the PRDFLT funding on future Pay Run IDs. For information on how to change salary funding for an employee, refer to KB FN - Add or Change Appointment Level Funding for Employee's Salary Expense .
NOTE: Employees will continue to appear on the UW_FI_VIEW_DFLT_FUNDING query even after a Direct Retro Funding Distribution or Salary Cost Transfer is created and processed because this query does not receive updated payroll data.
To view and verify that updated payroll funding was processed and posted correctly, log into WISDM (Wisconsin Data Mart for PeopleSoft Financials).