Topics Map > DOCUMENT TYPE > User Procedure
Topics Map > FUNCTIONAL AREA > Absence Mgt (AM)
AM - Update a Pushed Back Absence Request - Employee
This procedure explains how to update a pushed back absence. When a supervisor or manager pushes an absence back to an employee, the employee can make corrections to the absence and then resubmit it.
- Employees should always review their absence balances before submitting any absence requests. The employee's balance will display on the page once they have selected the Absence Name.
1. Log in to the My UW System portal at https://my.wisconsin.edu/. Note: UW-Madison employees can optionally log in to the My UW Madison portal instead. For more information on logging into the My UW System portal, please see UWSC Support - Logging in to the My.Wisconsin.edu / My.Wisc.edu System Portal.
2. Locate the Time and Absence module and click the Enter Absence link.
3. You will be taken to the Request Absence page. Click on the View Absence Request History link located near the bottom of the page. Identify the transaction that was pushed back.
4. Using the Main Menu across the top of the page, Navigate to Self-Service > Time Reporting > View Time > Absence Request History.
5. The Absence Request History page will appear with all of the absences that you have saved or submitted within a time range. Click the Edit button to edit the "Push Back" absence request.
*Note: Absence Requests made by the employee with a Status of "Push Back", "Saved", "Denied", or "Canceled" can generally be edited and resubmitted.
6. The Request Absence page will load with all the information for the absence filled in. You can make corrections to the request based on any notes in the Approver Comments field. Optionally, you can also leave a message using the Requestor Comments box. Click the Submit button when you are done making corrections.
7. You will see the Submit Confirmation page. Click OK to continue.
8. On the Request Details page you should ensure that the request has been submitted and has a status of Pending instead of Push Back. You have successfully re-submitted your absence request.
*Note: You can see the complete Request History of an absence from this page including what actions were taken, the date they were taken on, by whom, and any comments that were left.