Topics Map > DOCUMENT TYPE > Reference
Topics Map > FUNCTIONAL AREA > Time and Labor
HRS Time Approval: Getting Started with Time Approval through the Portal
The my.wisconsin.edu or my.wisc.edu portal is only a window into the actions that a manager/supervisor/time approver needs to take in PeopleSoft HRS. This document defines the role of the portal as it relates to time approval.
Managers/supervisors/time approvers need to know that the my.wisconsin.edu or my.wisc.edu portal is not intended to display all of their employees (time reporters) in the Manager Time and Approval area of their portal. This document defines when a time reporter’s time does display in the portal versus when it does not.
When does a time reporter’s time appear in the portal for a Manager/Supervisor
- A time reporter's name and time will appear if it is in need of approval so that the employee is paid.
The screen capture below is an example of a Manager/Supervisor who has employee's that are awaiting approval of their time.
When does a time reporter's time not appear in the portal for a Manager/Supervisor?
- The time reporter has not submitted time for approval.
- The time reporter’s time has already been approved by a manager/supervisor.
- Remember that a supervisor, back-up supervisor, payroll coordinator or back-up payroll coordinator may approve submitted time.
- Get started with your time approval by using the Approve Payable Time link as displayed above. The Manager Time and Approval area on the portal is simply a window into the approval actions that you need to take as a Manager/Supervisor. A Manager/Supervisor's approval actions will begin with clicking the Approval Payable Time link at the bottom of the Manager Time and Approval window on your portal.
Even within the HRS Approve Payable Time area the only employees that will display are those that have submitted time. Employees that haven't submitted time will not display. These are the same conditions listed earlier in this document regarding when an employee's time does or does not appear.