Topics Map > DOCUMENT TYPE > Reference
Topics Map > FUNCTIONAL AREA > Time and Labor (TL)
TL - Getting Started with Time Approval through the Portal
This document defines when a Time Reporter's time will display in the portal versus when it will not.
Managers, Supervisors and other Time Approvers need to know that the my.wisconsin.edu or my.wisc.edu portal is not intended to display all employees (time reporters) in the Manager Time and Approval area of their portal. This document defines when a time reporter’s time will display in the portal versus when it will not.
When does an Employee’s (Time Reporter) time appear in the portal for a Manager/Supervisor?
- A time reporter's name and time will appear if it is in need of approval so that the employee is paid.
The screen capture below is an example of a Manager/Supervisor who has employee's that are awaiting approval of their time.
When does an Employee's (time reporter's) time not appear in the portal for a Manager/Supervisor?
- The time reporter has not submitted time for approval.
- The time reporter has submitted their time but the Time Admin job has not run yet.
- The Time Admin job is scheduled to run at 4a, 9a, 11a, 1p, 3p and around 7p each day.
- The time reporter’s time has already been approved by a manager/supervisor.
- Remember that a supervisor, back-up supervisor, payroll coordinator or back-up payroll coordinator may approve submitted time.
- Get started with your time approval by using the Approve Payable Time link as displayed above. The Manager Time and Approval area on the portal is simply a window into the approval actions that you need to take as a Manager/Supervisor. A Manager/Supervisor's approval actions will begin with clicking the Approval Payable Time link at the bottom of the Manager Time and Approval window on your portal. For further information on approving Payable Time from within HRS after clicking this link, please refer to TL - Approve Payable Time .
It's important to note that even within the HRS Approve Payable Time page itself, the only employees that will display are those that have actually submitted time for approval. Employees that haven't submitted time will not display.