Topics Map > PD LEARNING PATH > TAM Learning Path
Topics Map > DOCUMENT TYPE > User Procedure
Topics Map > FUNCTIONAL AREA > Talent Aquisition Mgmt (TAM)
TAM - Adding an Applicant Manually into TAM
This process will review the steps for manually creating an applicant, adding or updating their application information and adding or updating the applicant's references (if applicable).
- TAM Security Roles for Recruiter and TA Coordinator can manually enter applicant data.
- Applicant data can include:
- Create Applicant: Create the applicant by providing the applicant's name and contact information.
- Application Details: Add or update the applicant's job qualifications such as adding or updating a resume, attachments, personal information preferences, geographic preferences, education level, etc. The applicant can also be applied to a job in this section.
- References: Add or update references.
- Navigate to Recruiting > Create Applicant.
- Enter the applicant's first and last name, verify that the applicant type and status code are correct. If entering an internal applicant (current UW employee), enter the applicant's Empl ID in the Employee ID field. Additional fields that can be added are Address, Email Addresses and Phone Numbers.
NOTE: Email Address is not a required field but is highly recommended for correspondence purposes. If you enter an email address, you must select the Primary checkbox.
- After adding the applicant, click Save.
- After saving, the Applicant ID will populate in the page header and the Applications tab will appear.
To the top
Add Application Details
Add Application Details
- Click the Applications tab.
- To enter the applicant's information, click the Edit (pencil) icon.
NOTE: you can create multiple applications for one applicant, however, clicking on the Add Application button before Editing the applicant's information will cause the first application to not be associated with any Job Opening. It is recommended to complete all the Add Application Details steps below first before adding another application.
- On the Edit Application Details page, add the applicant to a job opening by entering the job ID into the Job Opening ID field or click the Search icon and make the appropriate selection.
- Import Rateable Profile Items - not used
- If the Job Opening has questionnaires associated with it a pop-up will appear telling you that a notification will be sent to the applicant, if an email address is available.
- To add an additional Job Opening, click Add Job Opening and add an additional job opening ID.
NOTE: Use extreme caution when adding an additional Job Opening. This will cause the same application materials to be associated with both job openings. Thus, making changes to the materials in one job opening will also apply those changes to the other job opening.
- Add the resume via text through the Resume Text section or upload the resume file by clicking on the Add Resume Attachment (recommended method).
- Additional attachments (i.e., cover letter, transcripts, audio/visual files) can be added by clicking the Add Attachment button.
- Some additional information that can be added in this page are:
- Geographic Preferences
- Work Experience
- Education Level
- Areas of Study
- School Education
- Referral Source
- If there is a need to add applicant's references, click the References tab.
- To send a request to the applicant to enter reference information, click the Request Reference button. This sends a request
for references email notification to the applicant with details on how to log in to Candidate Gateway and add their own references.
NOTE: The applicant must have a primary email address so that the system can send this request.
- To manually add a reference, click the Add Reference button.
- Ensure all fields that have an asterisk (Date Contacted, Reference Name and Reference Type) are filled in. Additional fields that can be added are Title, Employer, Email Address, Address, Country Code, Contact Phone and Comment.
- Press OK when finished.
- Repeat steps 3-5 to add additional references.
Eligibility & Identity TabThis tab contains sensitive information and is therefore visible only to Recruiters and TA Affirmative Action roles.
- Update eligibility and identify information for the applicant.
- Click Save when finished.