Topics Map > PD LEARNING PATH > BN Learning Path
Topics Map > DOCUMENT TYPE > User Procedure
Topics Map > FUNCTIONAL AREA > Benefits (BN)
BN - Employee Process Status Report
The Employee Process Status Report provides the ability for UW Benefit Administrators to manage events for their employees. The goal is to make sure all events are processed to close with a status of Finalized Enrolled, Finalized Prepared None, or Finalized Assign None. Only when all events are processed can we be assured that employees have been evaluated appropriately for benefit eligibility. A review of the 28470 will provide statistical data on the UW's overall achievement of processing events to close for a particular schedule.
- Events left Open may prevent later dated Events from processing, including those that affect an employee's eligibility for benefits.
- This process should be run multiple times throughout the final day of the Annual Benefit Enrollment period.
1. Navigate to: Benefits > Manage Automated Enrollment > Investigate Exceptions > Employee Process Status Rpt2. The Employee Process Status Rpt Run Control page is displayed. If you have run a report or process through HRS before, enter your Run Control ID value or click Search (which will automatically load previous Run Control IDs that have been used). If you have not run a report through HRS, click the Add a New Value tab, enter an Run Control ID (such as initials) and click Add button.
3. The BAS Employee Process Status page displays and allows you to make the following selections:
4. Click on the Run button once you have entered and selected your report criteria.
a. Schedule ID which will limit Events tied to a particular schedule such as Event Maintenance or Open Enrollment. The following is a reference on Schedule IDs: BN - List of Benefit Schedules. (NOTE: Leaving the Schedule ID blank will pull events from all schedules which will be a large report to review)b. Department which will limit Events tied to a Campus or Department. The value can be specific or first character with %. It is best practice to enter a value into the field otherwise the report will include the entire UW.
c. Process Status values that you would like to have returned on the report. It is best practice to select one to two statuses otherwise the report will be large and overwhelming to review. Refer to BN - Process Indicators and Event Process Statuses for an explanation on process statuses.
5. The Employee Process Status Report can be run to different formats depending on your needs. By default, the report is returned as a PDF document. Clicking in the Format pull-down list will provide other options for the report, such as a CSV (Comma Separated Value) file that would allow you to open this report in Microsoft Excel.
6. Click OK once you have made your format choice.
7. You will be brought back to the BAS Employee Processing Status page. Click on the Process Monitor link near the Run button.
8. Click the Refresh button until Run Status equals Success and Distribution Status equals Posted. Once those two values are seen, click the Details link at the end of the row.
9. On Process Detail page, find and click on View Log/Trace link.
10. On the View Log/Trace page, find the File List section, and locate the document with the correct file extension (such as a .CSV or .PDF extension). Click that link.
11. The link will open the file type listing your employees based on the criteria you set when running the report. The report will consist of the following fields:
- Event Process Status: This indicates the point where the Event has stopped processing.
- AN - Assign None
- AE - Assign Error
- AS - Assigned
- PE - Prepare Error
- PR - Prepared
- NT - Notified
- EE - Election Error
- RE - Re-enter
- ET - Elections Entered
- FA - Finalized Benefit Pgm None
- FP - Finalized Prepared None
- FE - Finalized Enrolled
- Employee ID - unique employee identifier
- Employee Name - first name, last name
- Schedule ID - Will reflect the value chosen on the Run Control. An EV schedule refers to daily Event Maintenance. An OE schedule refers to Open Enrollment
- Event ID - The unique number assigned to that Event in a specific Event Schedule
- Event Date - reflects the date of the row added on Job Data, or the date manually entered for an ADM, SAV or UIA Event.
- Event Class - the type of Event being processed (e.g. MSC, ADM, DTA, etc.)
- Event Status - Will indicate if the Event is Open for Processing (O), Closed (C), or Voided (V)
- Process Indicator - indicates the action being taken by Benefits Administration. Process Indicator values include:
- A - Assign Benefit Program
- E - Elect Options
- N - Normal Processing
- P - Prepare Options
- R - Re-enter
- V - Void
- Benefit Program - the current Benefit Program an employee is assigned to at this stage of Benefits Administration processing.
- BN - Ben Admin Schedule Summary
- BN - List of Benefit Schedules
- BN - List of Benefit Events
- BN - Process Indicators and Event Process Statuses
- BN - Enrolling, Changing, or Canceling Coverage Using On Demand Event Maintenance
- BN - Reprocessing Events Using On Demand Event Maintenance