UWSC Support - UW Employee Tax Statement Help from the UW Service Center


The UW Service Center generates tax documentation for all UW Employees. Current UW employees can find tax statements within their institution's web portal. Employees can also obtain older tax statements by request.


You may click on the links below to navigate directly to a section:

Tax Season advisory for UW Employees from the UW Service Center Payroll Team

Add Consent for Electronic W-2 or 1095-C forms

If you wish to only have access to an electronic copy of the W-2 or 1095-C, you must complete the consent through the my.Wisconsin.edu or my.wisc.edu portal.
  1. On the Payroll Information tile, click Tax Statements.

  2. Click the relative tax statement consent link (W-2 or 1095-C)

  3.  Consent to receive  W-2 electronically or Consent to receive  1095-C electronically.

  4. Review the consent information.

  5. Click the box to acknowledge consent.

  6. Click Submit.

Remove Consent For Electronic W-2 or 1095-C Forms

If you with to remove your consent status, you must complete the consent removal through the my.Wisconsin.edu or my.wisc.edu portal.

  1. Access the my.Wisconsin.edu or my.wisc.edu (Madison only) portal.

  2. On the Payroll Information tile, click Tax Statements.

  3. Click the relative tax statement consent link (W-2 or 1095-C)

  4. Click the checkbox “I withdraw my consent to receive (tax statement name) forms electronically”

  5. Click Submit.
To the top

Printing W-2 and/or 1095-C

An electronic copy of the W-2 and 1095-C form is available through the my.Wisconsin.edu or my.wisc.edu portal. 
NOTE: a copy can be printed even if you did not consent to only electronic forms.
warning The W-2 can only be printed from a computer connected to the UW network.
  1. On the Payroll Information tile, click Tax Statements.

  2. Click View W-2 or View 1095-C

  3. Enter required information on the page and check the I Agree box.

  4. Click Save.

Finding and Printing Tax Statements through 2017

Current and some former UW employees would be able find past W-2 statements within the my.Wisconsin.edu or my.wisc.edu portal. Follow the steps below to find your past tax statements. 

  1. On the Payroll Information tile, click Tax Statements.

  2. Select the record to print.
    warning  These records do not have social security number on them, if you need a copy with your social security number on it then request a duplicate tax statement (below).

Requesting Duplicate Tax Statements

To the top

Reviewing/Updating Address Information

To review your current address information, log in to the my.Wisconsin.edu or my.wisc.edu portal 
  1. Click the Personal Information tile.

  2. If this is not your preferred address for tax statement distribution, click on the ‘Update my Personal Information’ link.
If you no longer have access to the my.Wisconsin.edu or my.wisc.edu portal, you may contact the UW Service Center (UWSC) for assistance with updating your address.

Self-Identify Information

While in the ‘Personal Information’ module in the portal, you are also encouraged to use the available links to self-identify your veteran, disability status or ethnicity. Self-identifying is optional. This information is used only for federal reporting purposes and will not be shared in any other way.

To the top

Forwarding Addresses & Failure to send tax statements

If you have forwarded your mail via USPS but have not updated your address with the UW System, the original mailing of your tax statement will be returned to the UWSC and re-mailed to the correct address at a later date.  There is no timeline for the re-sending of tax statements that are returned with forwarding addresses, but they will eventually be sent out at the time that the UWSC feels that all tax statements have been returned from USPS after the initial round of tax statement mailings.  

Items returned to the UWSC without a forwarding address are kept on file at the UWSC for 5 years.

To the top

1095-C Form Required for UW Employees Filing Taxes

The University of Wisconsin (UW) must file Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Form 1095-C to report and document that full-time UW employees were offered health insurance coverage during the previous calendar year.

The UW will also provide all UW employees who were full-time for all or some months of the previous year with a copy of their Form 1095-C. UW employees will need the Form 1095-C they receive from the UW as part of their documentation requirement when filing taxes.
This IRS tax form requirement is due to the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Form 1095-C will assist UW employees and the IRS in establishing that ACA obligations to offer minimum essential coverage have been met. 

To the top

Tax Fraud

UW Employees should contact their institutional payroll office if they suspect that some type tax fraud had occurred.  Employees should also follow the IRS guidelines for reporting suspected tax fraud activities.

Report Tax Fraud to IRS - https://www.irs.gov/individuals/how-do-you-report-suspected-tax-fraud-activity

To the top


Related KBs:
Related Links:

To the top

See Also: