BN - ICI Notification Process
This document lays out the activities for the notification process that takes place after the Service Center sends out emails to the Benefits Administrators and UW Employees with respect to ICI eligibility.
- If the employee wants to apply for ICI, they need to return their completed and signed application by March 1st.
1. Institutions will receive two emails from the UW Service Center for the ICI Notification Process. The initial email is an advanced copy of the email notification that goes out to the employee.
- Note: A personalized web page will also be available for the hard copy earnings statement population, though it is understood that these employees may not have computer access to view the page https://uwservice.wisconsin.edu/administration/ici/#lookup. This link to the page will allow Institution benefits offices to print and mail the page to an employee as needed if they don't have computer access.
2. A few days after the email is sent to the institutions, employees
currently eligible to participate in the ICI Deferred Enrollment Period will receive an email (approximately mid-January
) from the UW Service Center informing them of their opportunity to participate. Employees will be directed to their "institution benefits office" for any questions they may have and to submit their ICI application. (Please note: this will be a general email and will not be customized to reference each individual or institution benefits office.)
- The email will include a link to a personalized web page for each eligible employee https://uwservice.wisconsin.edu/administration/ici/#lookup.
- Delivery is verified by the fact that an email is not returned as "undeliverable." Undeliverable emails and out-of-office replies will be monitored by the UW Service Center.
- After the emails have been sent out to the the employees, the UW Service Center will compile a list of employees whose emails were undeliverable and/or those with out-of-office replies beyond the enrollment deadline. The
UW Service Center will then send out a second email to the institutions with the list of affected employees. Institutions will be asked to follow-up with these employees.
3. The Benefits Administrator will then complete a "second round" of mailing hard copies of the personalized web page to individuals identified in #2 above.
4. Institution Benefit Administrators will be able to view the employee's personalized ICI web page by navigating to the Administration page: http://uwservice.wisc.edu/administration/ici/, click on the Lookup Tool tab, entering their employee's Empl_ID, and clicking the Submit button.
- Depending on the employee’s specifications (i.e., University
Staff, Faculty/Academic Staff/Limited Appointment
(FA/AS/LI), and eligibility for either standard or
this page will display the employee’s personalized data such as current
sick leave balance, annual salary, current ICI category, etc.
- University Staff Standard, eligible for supplemental coverage
- University Staff Standard, not eligible for supplemental coverage
- University Staff Supplemental
- FA/AS/LI Supplemental
- FA/AS/LI Standard, eligible for supplemental coverage
- FA/AS/LI Standard, not eligible for supplemental coverage