UWSC Support - Cypress Reporting Access and ASG Cypress software instructions
Cypress is an Electronic Report Distribution program that the UW Shared Service supports in liaison to the UW Madison DoIT Reporting team for various human resources reporting needs.
This document will be used by University System human resources staff for installing the program, ASG-Cypress, on an end user's computer.
- To access/use the Cypress installed client, users will need to use Internet Explorer 10 or later.
- Cypress user accounts can be submitted/modified by using the following web forms.
Cypress User Authorization Request (Add, Change, Remove)
- Click Here to see instructions on how to change your current Cypress Password.
- For users that have access to Tax and Earnings statement queries, the Cypress installed client will be needed.
Access to the Cypress Web Client
- Web Client access
- Thick Client
Internet Explorer version 10 (or later) requirements
The following changes within Internet Explorer will be required to be made to be able to access the Cypress reporting production web site.
- Open Internet Explorer and navigate to http://cypress.doit.wisc.edu.
- In the Internet Explorer browser menu, click the Settings menu (Cog icon).
- Select the "Compatibility View Settings".
- Check to see that wisc.edu is not listed.
- REMOVE wisc.edu from the list.
- You may also need to turn OFF the "ActiveX Filter" for this web site. Make sure ActiveX Filtering is unchecked within your Internet Explorer
- At minimum, your Windows account must have security rights that allows you to install the software on your computer.
- You MUST use Microsoft Internet Explorer to access/use the installed version of Cypress.
You cannot install Cypress installed software on any Mac OSX platform. Cypress is a Windows based software that uses ActiveX
within 32-bit Internet Explorer browsers. Note: 64 bit Internet Explorer browsers are not compatible.