The Populate Eligibility Configuration Process (Elig Config Pop) translates information entered in Job Data and on the UW Benefits Tab to values on the Benefits Program Participation Page. These values are then read by Benefits Administration (or Ben Admin) which assigns the employee to the appropriate Benefit Program based on these values.
Warning! Coverage may not be canceled nor premiums increased retroactively unless done after consultation with OHRWD and with advance notice to the employee. Employees with special circumstances such as military leave, Family Medical Leave (FMLA or WFMLA), and/or leave under
Worker's Compensation require consultation with OHRWD.
1. Navigate to: Benefits > Manage Automated Enrollment > Events > Populate Eligibility Config
2. Click on Find an Existing Value and then Search to find a Run Control value. If you do not have a Run Control set up, you can click on the Add a New Value tab and create a Run Control ID.
3. The Run Control page will open. The "Process From Participant List" will be automatically checked for you to ensure the process runs for a specific individual only. Enter the employee's ID number (Empl_ID) and tab out of the field. The employee's name will appear next to their Empl_ID.
4. The Process Scheduler page will appear. Click OK to continue.
5. You will be returned to the Run Control page. A Process Instance will be assigned to your run of the process. Click the Process Monitor hyperlink in the upper right corner of your screen to continue.
6. The Process Monitor page will display with a Run Status of Processing and Distribution Status of N/A. You can click the Refresh button to move the process to the next stage or come back at a later time to view the status. If the process has a Run Status of "Blocked" or "Queued" it means your process is waiting for another process to finalize before it can run. Do not submit again as the process will run after the process blocking it has completed. When the process has finalized, the Run Status will be Completed and the Distribution Status will be equal to Posted.
7. Navigate to Workforce Administration > Job Information > Job Data, enter the employee's ID number and Search. Then click the Benefits Program Participation link shown below.
8. Note that values have changed in the Benefits Program Participation fields. In this case, the value of "P" has been populated in Field 2 to indicate that the value has been changed from Full Employer Share to the Less Than Half Time rate. Values were read by the Benefits Administration (Ben Admin) Process and the employee was assigned to the appropriate Benefit Program effective 6/26/2016. (To run Benefits Administration using On Demand Event Maintenance, please refer to: BN - Enrolling, Changing, or Canceling Coverage Using On Demand Event Maintenance .)