BN - Self Service Updating Other Health Insurance Information
This document shows an employee how to update their Other Health Insurance and Medicare Information through Self Service.
- Employees should be updating this information whenever a change occurs to their Other Health Insurance or Medicare Information. This is used for Coordination of Benefits between insurances to determine primary payment responsibility between the health vendors.
- You may not enroll in a High Deductible Health Plan and Health Savings Account if you have other health insurance or you are covered by Medicare.
Update Medicare Information
- Select Medicare Information from the left menu.
- Enter the effective date of medicare coverage and your Medicare Number.
- In the 'Medicare A Indicator' and/or 'Medicare B Indicator' field, if applicable,
- Change indicator by clicking in the Yes/No field.
- Select a Reason from the drop down list.
- Click the Save button and a green success banner will appear briefly at the top of the page.