Topics Map > DOCUMENT TYPE > User Procedure
Topics Map > FUNCTIONAL AREA > Talent Aquisition Mgmt (TAM)
TAM - Recovering Applicant User Name and Password
Talent Aquisition Management uses a website, referred to as Candidate Gateway, to post job openings for which external applicants can apply. External applicants must register for a Candidate Gateway account in order to apply for jobs or access certain other features. Candidate Gateway accounts are part of the recruiting system; they are not PeopleSoft user IDs. (External applicants access the PeopleSoft system using a generic guest ID that bypasses the PeopleSoft signon page).
- Applicants are able to attempt a User Name and/or Password recovery on their own in Candidate Gateway
- Applicant should attempt this before requesting a password reset by UW Service Center
- User Name Recovery and Password Reset emails are known to go to an email Spam or Junk folder
- This scenario is covered in the procedure steps below
Forgot User Name - Candidate Gateway
- Advise applicant to click on Forgot User Name hyperlink.
- Enter the email address that should be tied to their account.
- Click Email User Name.
- If the applicant receives the message "We have no records of this email address", they should keep trying with other email addresses associated with them.
- Advise applicant to click on Forgot Password hyperlink.
- Enter the User Name that is tied to their account.
- Click Email New Password.
- The applicant will receive the following message.
Review Applicant Data - HRS
- If the applicant has had no success with the User Name and/or Password recovery, search for the applicant following the navigation path about using criteria:
- Last Name (start with only Last Name, to narrow search)
- Applicant Status: blank
- Uncheck Search My Applicants
- If the applicant's name appears in the Search Results, click on the Applicant name hyperlink.
- Click on Applicant Data.
- Ask for additional identifying criteria, such as phone numbers and/or home address (whatever might be present), to confirm identity.
- If satisfied you have the right person, you can give them the email address listed on the Applicant Data page and they can try the Recover User Name process again (if that's the issue).
Not Receiving Recovery/Reset Emails
- User Name and Password recovery/reset emails from sender: DoNotReply_UWRecruiting@uwsa.edu
- These recovery/reset emails are known to be delivered to Spam or Junk folders.
- Sometimes these emails are completely blocked from delivery; all email services should have the ability to change security settings to add "Safe Senders" so the email service doesn't block them.
- How to add "Safe Senders" can vary by email service provider. See KB 31866 for additional information.
- If the applicants is still unable to access their Candidate Gateway account after following the steps, contact the appropriate Affinity Group and request an applicant password reset.
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES:Related KBs: