TAM - Recovering Applicant User Name and Password
Talent Aquisition Management uses a website, referred to as Candidate Gateway, to post job openings for which external applicants can apply. External applicants must register for a Candidate Gateway account in order to apply for jobs or access certain other features. Candidate Gateway accounts are part of the recruiting system; they are not PeopleSoft user IDs. (External applicants access the PeopleSoft system using a generic guest ID that bypasses the PeopleSoft signon page).
- Applicants are able to attempt a User Name and/or Password recovery on their own in Candidate Gateway
- Applicant should attempt this before requesting a password reset by UW Service Center
- User Name Recovery and Password Reset emails are known to go to an email Spam or Junk folder
- This scenario is covered in the procedure steps below
Forgot User Name - Candidate Gateway
- Advise applicant to click on Forgot User Name hyperlink.
- Enter the email address that should be tied to their account.
- Click Email User Name.
- If the applicant receives the message "We have no records of this email address", they should keep trying with other email addresses associated with them.
Forgot Password - Candidate Gateway
- Advise applicant to click on Forgot Password hyperlink.
- Enter the User Name that is tied to their account.
- Click Email New Password.
- The applicant will receive the following message.
Review Applicant Data - HRS
Navigation: Main Menu > Recruiting > Search Applicantions
Not Receiving Recovery/Reset Emails
- User Name and Password recovery/reset emails from sender: DoNotReply_UWRecruiting@uwsa.edu
Example: User Name Recovery Email
Example: Password Reset Email
- These recovery/reset emails are known to be delivered to Spam or Junk folders.
- Sometimes these emails are completely blocked from delivery; all email services should have the ability to change security settings to add "Safe Senders" so the email service doesn't block them.
- How to add "Safe Senders" can vary by email service provider. See KB 31866 for additional information.
- If the applicants is still unable to access their Candidate Gateway account after following the steps, contact the appropriate Affinity Group and request an applicant password reset.
ADDITIONAL RESOURCESRelated KBs: