Topics Map > ARROW
Guidance on Using ARROW
Application Review for Research Oversight at Wisconsin (ARROW)
ARROW is the system used to submit new applications, changes of protocol, reportable events and continuing reviews to the IRBs on campus (Health Sciences IRB, Minimal Risk IRB, Social/Behavioral Sciences and Education IRB).
To LOGIN to ARROW, go to http://arrow.wisc.edu and click on the "Login" button or the link in the upper right corner.
- ARROW Access
- ARROW General
- ARROW Initial Review
- ARROW Cancer Center
- ARROW Reference Videos
- Accessing ARROW and the NetID Process
- Guidance on Obtaining a UW-Madison NetID for a Non-UW User
- How to Find Personnel in ARROW
- What if I can't find someone I need to add to a protocol?
- Accessing ARROW for Administrative Personnel at UW-Madison NOT Engaged in Human Subjects Research
- Accessing ARROW for External Personnel Not Engaged in Research
- Accessing ARROW for External Personnel Engaged in Research: UW-Madison is Serving as IRB of Record
- Accessing ARROW for External Personnel Engaged in Research: UW-Madison is Not Serving as IRB of Record
Utilizing the Study Workspace to Find Study Specific Information in ARROW
- Document 17171 is unavailable at this time.
- Document 17173 is unavailable at this time.
- Document 17176 is unavailable at this time.
- Listing Study Team Members in the Application
- Using the Record Human Subjects Training Snapshot Activity in ARROW
- Using the Preview Final Documents Activity in ARROW
- Working with Consent and Authorization Documents in New IRB Applications
- Working with Revisions to Study Related Documents in ARROW
- Versioning Study Documents
- Working with Correspondence and Documents
- Working with Reviewer Notes
- How to Copy Applications
- Working with Email Notifications
- How to Complete Changes of Protocol
- How to Complete Reportable Events
- Submitting a WIC Request
- Requesting IRB Reliance through the UW-Meriter IRB Partnership
- How to Close Studies
- Reactivating a Submission Withdrawn by the IRB
- Working with Closed, Completed, Withdrawn, and Archived Studies
- Working with the Printer Version Option
ARROW Initial Review
- Completing the Funding Sections
- Completing the Application Type Section
- Completing the Study Location Section
- Selecting the Review of Records/Data/Images Option on the Special Procedures Page
- IRB Application Guidance for Multisite and Collaborative Research Studies
- HS-IRBs Guidelines for Serving as IRB of Record
- Completing the Special Considerations and Procedures Page
- Completing the Research Design and Procedures Section
- Completing the Subject Identification and Recruitment Section
- Completing the Privacy and Confidentiality Section
- Completing the HIPAA Section
- Completing the "Collection and/or use of Biological Specimens" Section
- Completing the Records Review Section
- Completing the Records Review Section for Category 4 Exemption Applications
- Submitting the CRU Application in ARROW
- Completing Non-exempt Medical Records Review applications in ARROW
- Completing the Not Research Page
- Completing the Protocol Development Activities Applications (PDAs)
- How to Complete a Replacement Application in ARROW
ARROW Cancer Center
ARROW Reference Videos
We have created a series of reference videos to help guide ARROW users through the new electronic submission system. You will need the free Adobe Flash Player to view the videos, though most computers should have this already installed.
ARROW Help Line EmailAll ARROW questions for the HS-IRBs should be directed to email@example.com. This email is staffed during general working hours, Monday-Friday. It is not staffed on weekends or other days the HS-IRBs Office is closed.
Any ARROW questions regarding a submission to the ED/SBS-IRB should be directed towards their office. Click here to find contact information for the ED/SBS-IRB office.
Tips on ARROW Help Resources
- When contacting the IRB Office for help with ARROW, please be as specific as possible about the problems you are experiencing with ARROW. The more information IRB staff have about the issues you are encountering, the better they can effectively assist you. We request the following information from all users contacting the Help Line:
- Name and Contact Information
- Study Number and PI Name
- Detailed Issue
- Users with the most acute needs will be helped first.