Request IRB Documents
Study teams are expected to maintain their own documents according to institution and departmental guidelines. In the event that a study team cannot access a document(s), a Request for IRB Documents form must be submitted if the study team wishes to request a copy of a document(s) from the IRB file. Please review the information below when preparing a request form.
How to Request Copies of Previously Approved IRB Documents
- What information to include in the request:
- Indicate ALL the documents you wish to have sent. Multiple requests for materials from the same file will cause delays in processing, so be as thorough as possible when completing your request.
- If you are requesting copies of documents with multiple types (e.g., consent documents, survey tools), be sure to provide the title of each of the documents you need. For example, if the study has a main and sub-study consent document, list each of those separately in the request form.
- If you are requesting other documents not listed in the request form, be as specific as possible about what the document is (e.g., name, title, version number and/or date).
- Who can submit a Request for IRB Documents form:
- Only the current PI or POC can submit a Request for IRB Documents.
- If another study team member must submit the request form, he/she must contact the IRB office first for guidance.
- Document Processing Time and Format:
- Requests will be processed in the order in which they are received. Allow approximately 2 weeks for processing.
- All documents will be provided to study teams only in PDF format.
- For consent/assent documents and information sheets that will continue to be used to enroll subjects, study teams will need to recreate a copy of these documents in Word to allow for stamping in ARROW.
- How to submit a Request for IRB Documents form:
- All request forms must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Request forms must be submitted by the PI or POC.
- Put Request for IRB Documents in the subject line.