Topics Map > News and Updates > Newsletters
HS IRBs News April 2019
Health Sciences and Minimal Risk IRBs, IRB News/Volume 11, Number 4, April 2019
Upcoming Training Sessions
The HS IRBs will be offering two workshops in the coming weeks:
- “Informed Consent and the Revised Common Rule” will provide an overview of new consent form templates as well as changes to recruitment and consent activities following implementation of the revised Common Rule in January. This presentation will be Wednesday, April 24th from 12-1 PM in room 1335 of the Health Sciences Learning Center (HSCLC). Registration information is available here. If you have any questions about this session, please contact Jennifer Fenne at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- “Understanding the Common Rule and the HS IRBs Submission Process” covers the Common Rule and what the IRB is looking for in their review, the IRB's review process, how to navigate the ARROW application system, and resources available to assist researchers with their submissions. The presentation is scheduled for Wednesday, May 1st from 2-3 PM in room 1309 of the HSLC. Registration information is available here. If you have any questions or issues registering for this presentation please contact Jake Rome at email@example.com.
The Professional Research Education Program (PREP) also will be offering the following sessions:
- “Research Billing Compliance” will be held April 25th from 11AM-12PM in 1335 HSLC
- “Privacy, Confidentiality, and HIPAA in Practice will be held May 7th from 12-1:30PM in 1335 HSLC
Registration for all PREP sessions is available through the Office of Talent Management catalog.
Updates to Single IRB (sIRB) Webpages
The sIRB pages on our website are being revised to include updated guidance and simplify navigation for researchers, including consolidating sIRB information on one page. If you have any questions about these changes or sIRB in general, please contact the Reliance Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Top Three Searches on HS IRBs Website in 2019
So far this year, three topics have topped the search list for our website. Here is the list, along with links to the most relevant resources on our website:
- Exemptions: Our website includes a range of resources about exemptions, now conveniently located on the Exemptions page.
- Consent: Updated consent templates and guidance on informed consent processes can be found on our Informed Consent page.
- Fees: Most IRB fees were eliminated as of January 2019. Please see the revised IRB fee policy for more information.