MFA-Duo - Who is Eligible to use UW-Madison Multi-factor Authentication?
Eligible to use Campus funded MFA-Duo license:
This section describes groups who are eligible to enroll in MFA-Duo.
Groups where MFA-Duo enrollment is required are denoted by a *. Other groups in this section are eligible for MFA-Duo, but are not required to enroll. Once someone who is eligible enrolls in MFA-Duo, they are required to use it from that point forward.
- Current UW-Madison employees*
- Those with a current job (between start date and end date) in HRS
- Student employees
- LTEs, Postdoctoral Scholars and Trainees, Honorary Associates/Fellows and Non-Paid positions entered as jobs in HRS ($0 appointments)
- Future UW-Madison employees
- All future employees with a start date any time in the future.
- Current UW-Madison students*
- Those currently enrolled in for-credit classes.
- Future UW-Madison students
- Those eligible to enroll in for-credit classes.
- Current UW-Madison senior guest auditors
- Consultants (POI 14)
- Timecard Approvers (POI 13)
- Emeritus (POI 21)
- Volunteers (POI 22)
- LAB Auditors (POI 26)
- Some additional affiliates
Any group not listed above is not eligible.
- Those without a current job (between start date and end date) in HRS
- Former employees, non-emeritus retirees
- Most Affiliates
- Students not enrolled in for-credit courses
- Former students
- Students enrolled in non-timetable (not for credit) courses
- Non-Madison UW students
- Employees that are not directly working for UW-Madison
- Individual campus
See accessibility & usability information
We work with our users to address access and usability barriers in the MFA user experience. Learn details about known access barriers and workarounds at MFA-Duo - Accessibility & Usability Information. If you encounter a barrier or need assistance, please contact the DoIT Help Desk or call (608) 264-4357.
How to get access to a Security Key or Duo Token/Fob
Students, to obtain a token/fob, please contact the DoIT Help Desk (608) 264-4357 or email email@example.com. Students with disabilities can also request a token or security key at the McBurney Disability Resource Center, 702 W. Johnson St., Suite #2104, Madison WI 53715 on the 2nd floor.
Faculty, Staff, and Researchers
Employees can get access to devices for MFA at their Human Resources Office or IT department. For questions contact the DoIT Help Desk at (608) 264-4357 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.