Interactive Reporting - Running a Query in the Workspace
Interactive Reporting users can run queries (.bqy files) directly in the Workspace using either the HTML or Browser Plug-in clients.
- Log into the Interactive Reporting Workspace. Interactive Reporting - Logging into Workspace
- Click on the Explore button to access the Repository.
- Navigate to the query you wish to run. Navigation in the Repository is very similar to navigating the file system on your local computer using Windows Explorer. Folders are listed on the left pane, and the contents of a selected folder on the left appear in the right pane.
- You can run a query either in the HTML client or the Interactive Reporting Web Client. If you are unsure which to use, see: Interactive Reporting - Overview of Clients.
- Right-click the query, highlight Open As >, and select your desired client to open the query.
- If you choose Interactive Reporting Web Client and haven't installed the browser plug-in yet, you will be taken to the installation procedure. See: Interactive Reporting - Downloading and Installing Web Client Browser Plug-in
Default Open Behavior
By default, if you double-click a query, it will open in the HTML client. If you wish to change this behavior, follow these instructions:
- In the File menu, click Preferences....
- Click Interactive Reporting in the left-hand menu.
- Change Default Open Format to your desired option.
- Click OK to save your preference.
If you have any questions please call the DoIT Help Desk at (608) 264-4357 and select option 2.