KB User's Guide - Documents Tab - Transfer Ownership of One or Multiple Documents
This document explains how to transfer document ownership from one user to another via the Documents tab by either editing an individual document to reassign ownership, or by performing a Batch Update to reassign many documents at once.
Reassign a Single Document
- Open the document for editing within the KB Admin Tools.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen to "+ See Additional Fields ".
- Click on the + sign and expand that area. The image below shows the Owner field. The blue arrow in this image points to the drop down menu that will reveal a list of users.
- Click on the dropdown menu and select a new Document Owner from the list of names. The image below shows the current owner with a check mark next to the name and the blue highlighted name indicates the new document owner that has been selected.
- Click on the Save change button to save the newly selected Owner and continue editing, or choose the appropriate Status (e.g. In Review, Active, etc.) and click on the Submit button.
Important: Until the document has been reactivated, the ownership transfer will not officially take effect. While the draft version of the document in the KB Admin Tools will show the new owner, the Active version will still display the previous owner.
Additionally, all notifications for the document (e.g. feedback, Review Reminders, Expiring notifications, etc.) will continue to be sent to the previous owner until the document is set to Active.
If you need to perform an immediate ownership transfer without publishing other changes that may have been saved to the draft version of a document, please follow the steps below for using the Batch Update tool.
Reassign Multiple Documents
If you have Publish rights within a group space, you may also reassign the ownership of a number of documents at once by performing a Batch Update. Please see the following document for instructions on using the Batch Update tool: [Link for document 8532 is unavailable at this time.]
Important: If a document is in dual status (e.g. Active/In Progress) when performing an ownership transfer via the Batch Update tool, the ownership transfer will take effect in both versions of the document.
This means that all notifications for the document (e.g. feedback, Review Reminders, Expiring notifications, etc.) will start to be sent to the new owner immediately upon performing the update.
If you need to reassign documents owned by a user that you are planning to remove from your KB space, please instead refer to: KB User's Guide - Users Tab - Batch Transfer Document Ownership