This document describes what to do if a user reports that they are not getting the correct level of access when they are logged into the KB Admin Tools, or if they report that they are being redirected to the external KB after logging in.
- If the user reports that upon logging into the KB Admin Tools, they are redirected to the external KB (for UW-Madison, they would be redirected to kb.wisc.edu), this usually indicates that their username has been entered incorrectly on the Users tab.
- If the user can log into the KB Admin Tools, but they report that they are not seeing the expected number of tabs, this is typically because the user has multiple KB accounts.
If the user logs into the KB Admin Tools but is redirected to the external KB, it means that the KB Admin Tools does not see them as being authorized with any permissions (including Internal KB access). In the majority of cases, this is because there is an error with how their username was entered in the NetID field for their user account, e.g. it is missing their middle initial, a number at the end of the username, etc.
- Go to the Users tab and search for the user by name.
- Check when is entered in the NetID field, and have the user verify it for you if needed.
- If you find an error and correct it, make sure you click the Update button to save your changes.
- Ask the user try logging in again. If they still can't get in, ask them to try Clearing Browser Cache and Cookies, or try a different browser.
If their username does appear to be correct, you may also need to check the Domain field. Some institutions have multiple domains, and the domain for the user will need to match the one used by your campus authentication system when they log in.
If you are unable to resolve the issue, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
If the user logs into the KB Admin Tools but does not have access to the expected tabs, cannot access any tabs in a group space for which they should be authorized, and/or is seeing the incorrect name or email address used in KB notifications, they likely have more than one user account in the KB system.
If this describes your issue, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.