The KB4U Mobile app is designed to index external content from various KB subsites, as well as unified KB sites. If you do not wish to have your site’s content indexed, you can opt out as needed.
Allow Mobile App to Index your Site's Content/ Opting out of the of Mobile App
To do opt out, please follow these steps:
- Log into the KB Admin Tools and open the SitePref tab.
- Click on the “Group Spaces” link, then click on the “Edit” button for your site (row 1).
- Midway down the page, you will see a setting for “Mobile app deployment”; simply set this to “no” and click the “Update” button.
You may go back and change this setting at any time.
Please also note that for subsite groups within institutions who maintain a unified KB, you must also be set to share your external documents with the unified site in order to have your content appear in the Android app. This setting is explained in the KB User’s Guide here: https://kb.wisc.edu/kbGuide/page.php?id=5797#toc0
Finally, if you would like us to update your institution logo in the mobile app, please send us a high-resolution image:
- Preferred Size: 1024px X 1024px
- Minimum Size: 128px X 128px