KB User's Guide - Documents Tab - Move HTML Content from a Web Site into a KB document
There may be occasion where you want to migrate document(s) residing on an Institutional website, a Departmental website, an existing web based blog, an online wiki, etc. into your KB Space. If you have about ten or so documents to migrate, follow the steps in this document to make it happen. If you have more than fifteen documents to migrate, we invite those with KB Admin permissions to review this document and use a more efficient XML import method.
Obtain HTML code from desired Web page
- Highlight a block of text in your chosen web page and right-click.
- Select Inspect Element from the dropdown menu.
The image below show highlighted text on a web page. Upon right-clicking you will see the option to either Inspect Element.
- A panel will appear underneath the highlighted web page text.
The image below shows the highlighted text on the web page(e.g. text highlighted in yellow). In the Inspect Element panel below the yellow box, the browser has highlighted the text in blue.
- Highlight the HTML code in the Inspect Element panel that you want to migrated into the KB document.
- Left-click and select the “Copy HTML ” option from the menu that appears.
Paste the Copied HTML Code from Web Site into a KB document
- Open a new KB document in the HTML Editormode.
- Fill in the three required fields, Title, Keywords and Summary.
- Left-click in the Body field in the HTML editor< and select "Paste" from the menu.
- Click on the Preview button at the bottom left of the Body field, a pop up screen will appear .
- Compare the the KB Preview screen to the Web document to see if all the content from the body of the Web document is in the KB Document.
- Finally, save changes in the KB document and follow your KB group’s regular workflow to publish a KB document.