Topics Map > Learner Engagement Analytics Dashboard (LEAD)
Topics Map > Data Literacy - how to read a visualization
LEAD - Identify student performance in relation to a threshold
The Learner Engagement Analytics Dashboard (LEAD) is a course-level dashboard that provides visualizations of student access to materials in Canvas courses. This document describes a process you can use with LEAD to help identify student performance in relation to a threshold, as well as some reminders and caveats for use.
Note: This document describes a learning analytics approach to help support student success.
- Remember that students are unique individuals and are much more than their data - be sure to consider the student holistically.
- Guiding principles for the ethical use of data for learning analytics state that learning analytics should be used to benefit students, instructors should be transparent about using learning analytics, instructors should respect students’ privacy and confidentiality, and should minimize potential adverse impacts.
- For additional information on learning analytics at UW-Madison, please visit the learning analytics guide, “What are the pedagogical uses of learning analytics?”
What data are available in LEAD?
How to access LEAD
Using LEAD Grades by Page Views
Using the data
Caveats and reminders when using learning analytics data
- Learning Analytics Guiding Principles
- Learner Engagement Analytics Dashboard (LEAD) - Overview
- LEAD: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) - Learning Engagement Analytics Dashboard
- Learning Analytics Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) from Students
- Using LEAD Page Views by Date and Hour (Heat Map)
- Using LEAD Grades by Page Views (Scatter Plot)
- Using LEAD Page Views by Activity Type (Bar Chart)
- LEAD - Are students struggling in your course?
- LEAD - Identify student performance in relation to a threshold
- Learning Analytics for Instructors Widget