Topics Map > Student Academic Policies > Courses/Enrolling

How to Register to Take a Course Pass/Fail as an L&S Undergraduate Student

This section explains how an L&S undergraduate student can register to take a course pass/fail.

1. Go to your Student Center in MyUW and click on the Student Center link.

2. Click on the Course Enrollment on the left hand side under Academics. 

3. Click on the upper right hand tab entitled "Term Information".

4. Click on the Course Change Request.

5. Your classes will appear with checkboxes next to them. Please click in the box of the class you wish to declare Pass/Fail.

6. This will expand and give options. Choose Add Pass/Fail (or “Remove” to remove Pass/Fail).

7. Please disregard the message that says 'print and obtain necessary signatures to complete this process.' You do not need to do this.

8. Scroll down and click “Save”.   L&S Undergraduate Academic Deans' Services will receive your submitted request.  

**Undergraduate students in the College of Letters & Science do not need to submit a paper copy of the Pass/Fail form to the L&S Undergraduate Academic Deans' Services office or obtain an academic dean's signature.

• Online records will indicate that you recently completed a request for Pass/Fail designation for a class via the Course Change Request in your Student Center.

• Please confirm dean's approval by going to My Class Schedule in your Student Center.  You will see the words "Pass/Fail" in the Grading Column.

• Record deadlines for Pass/Fail.  The online request is FINAL (paper requests after the established deadlines will not be accepted).  Students cannot change a course back to graded credit after the established deadlines.  Thus, students must add or cancel their Pass/Fail requests by the official deadline. 

• For the current semester/term Pass/Fail deadline, please refer to 'Deadlines at a Glance' on the  Office of the Registrar homepage.   

• Summer Session Pass/Fail deadlines vary.  Please refer to key deadline dates for all summer students for more information.

• Remember that your grade will be "S" for passing (if you earn a grade of C or better) or a "U" for failing (if you earn a grade of D or F).

See Also:

Keywords:register, pass/fail, Student Center   Doc ID:21119
Owner:Tori R.Group:L&S Administrative Gateway
Created:2011-11-02 19:58 CDTUpdated:2019-09-05 15:08 CDT
Sites:L&S Administrative Gateway
Feedback:  0   1