Topics Map > Student Academic Policies > Grades

L&S Grade Change Process for Undergraduates

This document provides the instructions for instructors and departments to submit an approved change to an undergraduate's semester/term grade for L&S courses.

Instructors needing to change the final semester grade for an L&S student should submit the grade change electronically  via Faculty Center. Instructions may be found at Faculty Center-Submitting Grade Changes. Note: In accordance with current faculty policy and in an effort to maintain both equity and consistency, final semester/term grades should only be changed due to "clerical error".  Please refer to the L&S KB page for L&S Policy for Appeal an L&S Grade.

Instructions to submit a grade change for a student who does not appear on the grade roster are at Non-Roster Grade Change KB

Once an instructor submits the eForm, the grade change request will be routed directly to L&S Undergraduate Academic Deans' Services (ADS) worklist in the Student Information System (SIS) for approval.  Staff in L&S Undergraduate Academic Deans' Services will determine if the grade change will affect a student's academic status (e.g., placing a student in dropped status, or altering the probationary status of the student).  If the grade change impacts the student's academic status, the student's academic standing will be updated accordingly.

Contact the L&S Undergraduate Academic Deans' Services/Student Academic Affairs with further questions:

Phone: (608) 262-0617


KeywordseForm, non-roster grade change eform, grade change, submitting grade changes, grade appeal, final semester grades, grade change form, nonroster grade change   Doc ID21699
OwnerTori R.GroupL&S KB
Created2011-12-12 18:58:42Updated2023-05-23 13:18:59
SitesL&S KB
Feedback  0   3