Topics Map > Academic & Curricular Administration > Graduate Student Administration > Teaching Assistant Resource Center
Topics Map > Academic & Curricular Administration > Other Curricular Matters > Learning Support Services
L&S Teaching Assistants: Teaching Resources
This document lists resources for teaching assistants offered by the College of Letters & Science, UW-Madison, and off-campus and national organizations.
Teaching Resources for L&S TAs
Campus Resources for TAs:
- Classroom Media Support- Learn how to employ "smart room" technologies for your class
- L&S Learning Support Services - Explore technology resources for teaching and learning
- Student Privacy Rights (FERPA) - Read about students' privacy rights through the Office of the Registrar
- McBurney Disability Resource Center - Obtain information regarding classroom services for students with disabilities.
- Academic Integrity/Student Issues - The Dean of Students assists TAs who have questions or concerns about student related matters, including the academic misconduct investigation process and troubled/distressed or struggling students.
- Library Services for Teaching and Learning - Integrate information literacy instruction into your course.
- The Writing Center - Offers a variety of writing resources for teachers and students.
- Writing Across the Curriculum - Get advice and read samples of effective writing assignments that help students to better learn the subject matter.
UW-Madison websites for Graduate Student Professional Development:
- Graduate Assistant Equity Workshops - The schedule of upcoming Equity Workshops is available on the website of the Office for Equity and Diversity.
- The Graduate School - Professional development programs, awards and workshops geared for graduate students.
- Graduate Student Professional Development Events Calendar - Workshops, presentations and events on campus for graduate students.
- Delta Program - Offers graduate courses and programs, monthly roundtable events, workshops and seminars for teaching and learning.
- UW Teaching Academy - Offers teaching workshops, on-line teaching and learning tools and discussion forums as well as hosting the Future Faculty Partners program.
- Teaching & Learning Symposium - An annual symposium for discussing best teaching practices and sharing new learning and teaching approaches with faculty, academic staff and students from UW-Madison.
- WISCIENCE- Offers programs and seminars on evidence-based teaching and research mentoring in scientific fields.
Higher Education Resources:
- US Department of Education
- Preparing Future Faculty
- The National Teaching & Learning Forum
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Higher Education Research Institute
- Professional and Organizational Development Network in Higher Education
For more information or with questions, please contact Brian Bubenzer, email@example.com