Topics Map > HR & Payroll > Recruitment & Onboarding
Topics Map > HR & Payroll > Payroll & Benefits
Topics Map > Administration & Governance > Administrative Resources > For Department Chairs and Program Directors
Topics Map > Administration & Governance > Administrative Resources > For Department Administrators
Topics Map > Academic & Curricular Administration > Graduate Student Administration > Teaching Assistant Resource Center
L&S International Telecommuting
This document contains resources to help departments prepare staff telecommuting internationally.
We are being asked by campus to continue to document all faculty/staff/students that are telecommuting outside the United States. We initially asked for this information from departments in June, but if you have updates to provide (e.g. new faculty or international grad student starting in the fall), please send the following details to your L&S HR Representative:
- Employee Name
- Empl ID and record (if known)
- Title Name and/or Job Code
- Appointment Percentage
- Proposed dates for telecommuting
- Brief description of the work this employee will be doing (1-2 sentences is fine)
- City & Country from which the employee will telecommute
- Brief justification why telecommuting is necessary
- What UW Madison and/or local systems, networks, database or other electronic systems will the employee need to remotely access
At this time, UW Madison will not approve telecommuting agreements from the following countries: Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria, and the Republic of Sudan.
- Department Responsibilities for Employing Foreign Nationals Telecommuting Outside U.S. - The department should contact email@example.com when they need to upload the materials for the first time to get access to the Box.
- UWSS International Payroll Wire Form - UW System Administration requires departments to pay fees associated with paying employees via wire transfer, effective on the 09/01/20 paycheck. Only one funding string is allowed; no split funding is permitted.
- Payroll Implications of International Telecommuting
- Foreign Source Income Tracking Template
- PowerPoint: Payroll Process for International Telecommuting
- Memo 7/17/2020- Update and resources related to international telecommuting
- Flowchart- International Telecommuting