Topics Map > Student Academic Policies > Degrees
How to Declare an Additional Major When Pursuing an L&S Specialized Degree Program
This section provides information on how to declare students in an additional major (AMAJ) for students enrolled in an L&S specialized degree program (i.e., Bachelor of Arts-Journalism, Bachelor of Science-Journalism, Bachelor of Music, Bachelor of Social Work, and Bachelor of Science - Applied Mathematics, Engineering and Physics).
Students pursuing an L&S specialized degree program (i.e., AMEP, BMUS, BSW, JBA, JBS) will need to work with the advisor for the additional major they wish to pursue in order to declare the major. The major advisor will then work with the L&S Undergraduate Academic Deans' Services to get the student declared in the major.
Students in the following specialized L&S degree programs will be impacted by this procedure:
Bachelor of Music (BMUS)
Bachelor of Arts-Journalism (JBA)
Bachelor of Science-Journalism (JBS)
Bachelor of Science - Applied Mathematics, Engineering and Physics (AMEP)
Bachelor of Social Work (BSW)
- If a student is declared in an L&S specialized degree program and wishes to declare an additional major in L&S, the advisor for the additional major will need to send the following information from their UW-Madison work email to the L&S Undergraduate Academic Deans' Services:
- Student's Name
- Student's UW-Madison ID Number
- Major/Major Code (3-digit) number associated with the AMAJ
- Effective date student should be declared in the major.
- The name(s) of the advisor(s) to be assigned to the student
- It could take up to fourteen (14) business days for this request to make its way through the system once email request has been received and reviewed by L&S Undergraduate Academic Deans' Services.
- Students pursuing the Bachelor of Landscape Architecture (BLA) specialized L&S degree program cannot declare additional majors at this time.