Each October and March, the College of Letters & Science asks for a report of all TAs that a department has payrolled for the semester. This document will guide you through the process of completing the TA Early Report.
Documents & Deadlines
- TA Early Report
- Deadlines for the 2019-20 Academic Year:
- March 15, 2019
- October 11, 2019
- Submission via email to Brian Bubenzer.
- Instructions for completing the TA early report
- Contacts for L&S Administration
Instructions for the TA Early Report
At the top of the spreadsheet, please indicate the following:
- Department name
- Your name
List of TAs, FAs, & UAs
- Name (Last, First). TA name.
- Course. Course Assignment
- Appt Type. Indicate if the appointment is for a TA (teaching assistant), FA (faculty assistant) or UA (undergrad assistant).
- Funding. This is a dropdown list, and is populated by the ‘Funding’ table at the bottom of the pae. Add rows to that table for additional funding sources.
- Appt %. List the appointment % level.
- C-Basis Rate. List the full-time, C-Basis / 9-month rate.
- Gross Salary. This column is an automated calculation based on the ‘Appt %’ and ‘C-Basis rate’ fields. This calculation assumes that the appointment is semester-length.
Totals by Appt Type
This table is informational only. It shows the headcount and salary cost by appointment type based on the 'List of TAs, FAs, & UAs' table.
This table includes some common funding sources (TA 101 budget sem 1, TA 101 budget sem 2, and summer revenue). You may add rows for other funding sources (e.g., 144 funding, departmental 131 funding). The ‘Salary’ column automatically calculates based on the ‘List of TAs, FAs, & UAs’ above.
Contacts for L&S Administration
Questions about filling out the TA Early Reports should be directed to Brian Bubenzer