This document guides you through the process of completing and submitting the TA Early Report for fall and spring semesters. This report is due each October and March.
Documents & Deadlines
- TA Early Report - updated for Fall 2021 semester
- Deadlines for the 2021-22 Academic Year:
- Fall 2021: October 15, 2021
- Spring 2022: TBD early March 2022
- Email the report to Cathy Yu at email@example.com
- Naming convention: Departmentname_EarlyReport_Fall 2021
Background: TA Early Report
The TA Early Report is due to L&S Admin each semester. This report includes final TA, FA and UA appointments for the given semester. The report is typically due in mid-October for the fall semester, and early March for the spring semester.
Instructions for the TA Early Report
1. Departmental Details
At the top of the spreadsheet, indicate the following:
- Department name
- Your name
- Name (Last, First). TA name.
- Course. Course Assignment
- Appt Type. Indicate if the appointment is for a TA (teaching assistant), FA (faculty assistant) or UA (undergrad assistant).
- Funding. This is a dropdown list, and is populated by the ‘Funding’ table at the bottom of the pae. Add rows to that table for additional funding sources.
- Appt %. List the appointment % level.
- C-Basis Rate. List the full-time, C-Basis / 9-month rate.
- Gross Salary. This column is an automated calculation based on the ‘Appt %’ and ‘C-Basis rate’ fields. This calculation assumes that the appointment is semester-length.
- FTE. This column is an automated calculation based on the ‘Appt %’ and ‘C-Basis rate’ fields.
This table on the form is informational only; do not make changes. It shows the headcount and salary cost by appointment type based on the 'List of TAs, FAs, & UAs' table.
- This table includes some common funding sources (TA 101 budget, and 131 profit).
- You may add rows for other funding sources (e.g., 144 funding, departmental 131 funding).
- The ‘Salary’ column automatically calculates based on the ‘List of TAs, FAs, & UAs’ above.
Contacts for L&S Administration
- L&S Teaching & Learning Administration