Topics Map > Academic & Curricular Administration > Graduate Student Administration
Topics Map > Academic & Curricular Administration > Personnel - Budgetary and Curricular Intersections > Teaching Assistant Budgets
L&S TA Early Report
This document guides you through the process of completing and submitting the TA Early Report for fall and spring semesters. This report is due each October and March.
Documents & Deadlines
- TA Early Report - updated for Fall 2021 semester
- Deadlines for the 2021-22 Academic Year:
- Fall 2021: October 15, 2021
- Spring 2022: TBD early March 2022
- Email the report to Cathy Yu at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Naming convention: Departmentname_EarlyReport_Fall 2021
Background: TA Early Report
The TA Early Report is due to L&S Admin each semester. This report includes final TA, FA and UA appointments for the given semester. The report is typically due in mid-October for the fall semester, and early March for the spring semester.
Instructions for the TA Early Report
1. Departmental Details
At the top of the spreadsheet, indicate the following:
- Department name
- Your name
- Name (Last, First). TA name.
- Course. Course Assignment
- Appt Type. Indicate if the appointment is for a TA (teaching assistant), FA (faculty assistant) or UA (undergrad assistant).
- Funding. This is a dropdown list, and is populated by the ‘Funding’ table at the bottom of the pae. Add rows to that table for additional funding sources.
- Appt %. List the appointment % level.
- C-Basis Rate. List the full-time, C-Basis / 9-month rate.
- Gross Salary. This column is an automated calculation based on the ‘Appt %’ and ‘C-Basis rate’ fields. This calculation assumes that the appointment is semester-length.
- FTE. This column is an automated calculation based on the ‘Appt %’ and ‘C-Basis rate’ fields.
This table on the form is informational only; do not make changes. It shows the headcount and salary cost by appointment type based on the 'List of TAs, FAs, & UAs' table.
- This table includes some common funding sources (TA 101 budget, and 131 profit).
- You may add rows for other funding sources (e.g., 144 funding, departmental 131 funding).
- The ‘Salary’ column automatically calculates based on the ‘List of TAs, FAs, & UAs’ above.
Contacts for L&S Administration
- L&S Teaching & Learning Administration