Topics Map > Policies
Policy - Email Domains - Access and Change Requests
This article defines the requirements for requests related to departmental email accounts and email domains.
If a request does not meet one of these requirements, the TechZone will copy an appropriate owner on the ticket and request confirmation.
Access or Change an Account
Requests to access or change a service or resource account must
- come from an account or domain owner OR
- include confirmation of the access or change from an account or domain owner.
Create an Account or Change the Domain
Requests for a new account or related to the entire domain must
- come from a domain owner OR
- include confirmation of the request from a domain owner
The TechZone defines the owner of an individual account as follows:
- Service account owner: Any faculty or staff member linked to the account.
- Resource account owner: Any faculty or staff member listed in Calendar Access for the account.
TechZone staff are able to determine if someone is linked to a service account or listed in Calendar Access for a resource; that information is not publicly available.
Students are never considered account owners.
In addition to the ownership rules above, the TechZone will coordinate with departmental leadership to designate one or more persons as overall domain owners. These individuals will be considered owners of any departmental account (any account in the departmental email domain or their department's accounts in the letsci.wisc.edu email domain) whether or not they would be an owner as defined above.