Network Drives - Restoring from Backup
How to restore a file from backup on a Shared Drive.
These steps require Windows. If you only have access to macOS, or if you'd like assistance, please contact the TechZone.
- Open File Explorer.
- Browse to the location of the file or folder you'd like to restore.
- Right-click in the blank space in the containing folder.
- Select Properties.
- Navigate to the Previous Versions tab.
- From the list of backups, select one with the date from which you desire to restore and click Open. A new File Explorer window will open, showing that folder as of the date you selected.
- Find the file or folder you'd like to restore and copy it elsewhere. You can copy it to your computer (Desktop, Documents, etc.) or directly into the current version of the containing folder on the network drive.