Windows - Enable Remote Access
How to enable remote access to an account in Windows.
- If you have Make Me Admin installed, use it to gain administrative privileges. See Make Me Admin (Windows).
- Right-click on the Start menu and select Run.
- Enter systempropertiesremote and click OK.
- Enter your administrative credentials.
- In the "Remote Desktop" section, select Allow remote connections to this computer and ensure Allow connections only from computers running Remote Desktop with Network Level Authentication is checked.
- Click Select Users...
- Click Add...
- Enter the username of the account that needs remote access. This is typically your NetID.
- Click OK in each window to accept the changes.