Outlook (Windows) - Mapping a Service Account
Follow these steps to map a service (role-based) account in Outlook on Windows.
These steps apply to Outlook 2016, 2019, and 365. To check your Outlook version, follow these steps from Microsoft.
In order to complete these steps for a particular account, you must be linked to that account. If you are unable to complete these steps or need assistance, please contact the TechZone.
- Open Outlook.
- In the top left of the window, select File > Add Account.
- Enter the email address of the service account you'd like to map.
- Click Next > (Office 2016) or Connect (Office 2019, 365).
- When prompted for a UW-Madison login, enter your NetID credentials.
- Click Log In.
- If prompted, authenticate this login with your MFA device.
- Click Finish (Office 2016), OK (Office 2019), or Done (Office 365).
- Restart Outlook.