Windows - Changing Your Password
Follow these steps to change your password in Windows 10.
You must know your current password to follow these steps. If you do not know your current password and cannot log in to your computer, please contact the TechZone.
- Log in to the account whose password you wish to change.
- On your keyboard, press Ctrl + Alt + Delete.
- Click Change a password.
- Enter your old password.
- Enter and confirm a new password that conforms to the UW password policy: UW-Madison - IT - Password Standard.
- Press Enter on your keyboard or click the arrow button.
- If the old password was correct and the new passwords matched, Windows will let you know that the password has been changed. Click OK.