macOS - Changing Your Password
Follow these steps to change your password in macOS.
You must know your current password to follow these steps. If you do not know your current password and cannot log in to your computer, please contact the TechZone.
- Log in to the account whose password you wish to change.
- From the Apple menu in the top left of the screen, select System Settings
- Scroll down and select Users & Groups
- Click the "i" next to the account you're logged into, then select Change Password
- Enter your current password in the Old Password field
- Enter and verify a new password that conforms to the UW password policy: UW-Madison - IT - Password Standard.
- Click Change Password