Topics Map > Course Proposals
Topics Map > Program Proposals
Topics Map > Guide > Editing Help
Lumen Program Proposal: Fixing 'Red-box' Courses
There are a couple tools available to figure out what has happened to a course:
- Lumen Courses
- Course Catalog (located in the Student Information System - SIS)
- Course Dashboards
All courses inactivation/discontinuations will be done through Lumen Courses. The obsolete course process is done in Lumen Courses, so at any given time the status of an obsolete course is findable until it has been removed from the system. Inactivated courses due to the obsolete course process will only stay in the system until the spring semester of their inactivation. Following the course number re-use policy, once they are approved and able to be removed from the system they will be to allow the number to be re-used.
An inactivated course will have a status of 'deleted', which can be sorted by clicking on the 'Status' bar, or by selecting 'Deactivated Courses', 'Deactivated & In Workflow', or 'Obsolete Course' from the drop down filter. Any course that is discontinued separately from the obsolete course process will remain in a 'deleted' status for eight years.
If a course is no longer found in Lumen Courses through the previous actions, it may have been archived. See the Archiving KB for information on what this means and how to find courses.
Navigation to the Course Catalog: Main Menu > Curriculum Management > Course Catalog > Course Catalog
Fixing the Red-Box
- Double Click on the blue box where the red-box course exists.
- Click on the ***Course Not Found*** and then click the << button. This will move the course from the course list to the left side, which doesn't matter where it goes - it just removes it.
- Then add a replacement course, if applicable, and then click OK
- Then finish proposal and save, or save and start workflow.