Learn@UW/D2L - Problem Reporting Form and Service Request Form - Information to Include
This document details some information to include when submitting a problem encountered or a request via the D2L Problem Reporting/Service Request Form. Including details will ensure we can address the issue in an efficient manner, without having to ask these questions again to get the information after the ticket has been submitted. It will also ensure troubleshooting that has already been completed won't be asked to be done again. Not all of these may be relevant to what is being experienced, though they are all things that could come in handy.
Important information to include when describing an issue encountered:
- Which tool is experiencing the problem - D2L, Blackboard Collaborate, Kaltura, or a combination
- Computer and browser information (OS and version, browser and version, network connection type, etc.), if relevant
- Any error messages that appeared
- Steps to reproduce the problem, if you're able (providing a screen recording is also a great way to illustrate the problematic behavior)
- Any troubleshooting that has already been completed and if there is a workaround
- For D2L related issues, include the following:
- Course title and OU number
- Where in D2L the issue is occurring (e.g. tool)
- File/quiz/etc names
- Role of the user experiencing the issue, if relevant
- For Kaltura related issues, include the following:
- Component used - MediaSpace, CaptureSpace, Management Console, D2L Integration, etc.
- The media or process that is exhibiting the issue (name or URL, depending on the type of issue experienced)
- For Blackboard Collaborate related issues, include the following:
- Role in Blackboard Collaborate (participant, moderator, supervisor, etc), if relevant
- Version - Original/Classic or Ultra
- How service is accessed - D2L, Moodle, MyUW portal, direct link, etc.
- Name of the session/room, if known
You can also attach any files such as screenshots of the issue or error message.
Important information to include when submitting a service request:
- Description of service requested, including data shared between systems if integration with external tool provider is requested
- Desired outcome
- Any available documentation or visuals
- Campus stakeholders and scale to which the solution will apply
- Priority ('nice to have' to 'critical')
- Desired deployment date (including any available alternative option if unable to meet requested date)
- Request type (D2L internal login page change, custom report, integration with external tools - LTI, ad hoc integration processing, etc.
- If the outcome would benefit other campuses, and if so, any peers you may have discussed this with that expressed interest in the outcome of the proposed solution