Blackboard Collaborate Ultra - Known Issue: Audio Notifications are not heard on Safari 12 browser
Users that join a Collaborate Ultra session are unable to hear audio notifications on Safari 12 on Mac and iOS mobile.
Steps to Replicate:
- Launch a Collaborate Ultra session with 2 moderator users in the session (one moderator on Safari 12 and the other moderator on a supported browser other than Safari, e.g. Chrome).
- Enable all audio/video notifications on Safari 12.
- Send all notifications (Chat, raise hand, etc).
Cause: AutoPlay is disabled in Safari Browser unless user presses play button.
Resolution/WorkaroundThe Workaround on Mac:
The user would need to do this manually.
- In the Safari app on your Mac, choose Safari and click on Preferences
- Then click Websites
- Click Auto-Play in the list on the left. Do any of the following: Choose settings for a website in the list: Select the website (us.bbcollab.com in this case) on the right, then choose the option: Allow All Auto-play
- After Allowing All Auto-Play, you will be able to hear the Collaborate Ultra session notifications