Topics Map > Learning Analytics & Assessment > Learning Analytics for Learn@UW
Topics Map > Learning Analytics & Assessment > Learner Engagement Analytics Dashboard (LEAD)
Using LEAD Grades by Page Views (Scatter Plot)
The Learner Engagement Analytics Dashboard (LEAD) is a course-level dashboard that provides visualizations of student access to materials in Canvas courses. The LEAD tab named “Grades by Page Views” offers a scatter plot visualization that shows data regarding students’ scores from the Canvas Gradebook, plotted in relationship to a count of their course Page Views.
Note: This document describes a learning analytics approach to help support student success.
- Remember that students are unique individuals and are much more than their data - be sure to consider the student holistically.
- Guiding principles for the ethical use of data for learning analytics state that learning analytics should be used to benefit students, instructors should be transparent about using learning analytics, instructors should respect students’ privacy and confidentiality, and should minimize potential adverse impacts.
- For additional information on learning analytics at UW-Madison, please visit the learning analytics guide, “What are the pedagogical uses of learning analytics?”
The LEAD Grades by Page Views data could help offer insights into students' course access in relationship with grades. This information may be useful to you to find out:
- Current broad patterns of distribution of grades (as recorded in the Canvas gradebook) among all students
- Relative number of students with grades within a range of values
- Range of student Page Views counts
- Trend of the relationship between student grades and counts of Page Views
- Identifying outliers - where students fall outside of particular ranges, such as having grades lower than a threshold of interest, or differing from the majority of their classmates' grades or Page Views
What data are available in LEAD?
How to access LEAD
Data visualization format: Scatter Plot
Filtering the data
Using the data
Caveats and reminders when using learning analytics data
- Learning Analytics Guiding Principles
- Learner Engagement Analytics Dashboard (LEAD) - Overview
- LEAD: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) - Learning Engagement Analytics Dashboard
- Learning Analytics Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) from Students
- Using LEAD Page Views by Date and Hour (Heat Map)
- Using LEAD Grades by Page Views (Scatter Plot)
- Using LEAD Page Views by Activity Type (Bar Chart)
- LEAD - Are students struggling in your course?
- LEAD - Identify student performance in relation to a threshold
- Learning Analytics for Instructors Widget