Topics Map > Learning Analytics & Assessment
Topics Map > LMS > Canvas
Atomic Assessments - Enabling Atomic Assessments in Canvas
Atomic Assessments is available in every time-table and sandbox Canvas course, but it is hidden from the left-hand navigation bar by default. Follow the steps outlined below to unhide Atomic Assessments in your course.
This document outlines the steps required to enable the Atomic Assessments tool in your course.
- Click on Settings in the left navigation bar of your course Canvas page.
- Once in your course's settings, click on the Navigation tab.
- Then, find Atomic Assessments in the list of hidden items.
- Drag and drop Atomic Assessments into the upper section of enabled course navigation items.
- Alternatively, click on the 3 dots next to Atomic Assessments and select Enable.
- Please note that, when enabled, the Atomic Assessments item in the navigation bar is only visible to instructors. Students will not be able to see this navigation bar item.
- Once Atomic Assessments is enabled, click Save at the bottom of the page.
- Once you click save, the Atomic Assessments link will appear in the left hand navigation bar of your course. Click on Atomic Assessments.
- If this is the first time you are enabling Atomic Assessments in Canvas, you will be prompted to authorize the tool. To do this, click the Authorize button.
- You will once again be prompted to authorize the tool. Click Authorize.
Please contact the DoIT Help Desk and request a consultation if you need additional help enabling Atomic Assessments in your course.