This document describes how to complete the Smart Restart course in Canvas.
About the Smart Restart course
Part of the Fall 2020 Smart Restart of UW-Madison involves logging into Canvas and completing a Smart Restart training, and signing the Badger Pledge.
More information about Smart Restart Badger Pledge for students can be found on this website.
There are two components to the Canvas Smart Restart course:
- Online training, called "Staying Healthy," which you can access by clicking the Start the Training button on the course homepage
- Signing the Badger Pledge, which you can access by clicking the Embrace the Badger Pledge button on the course homepage
Ideally, you should complete both components of the course, but you must sign the Badger Pledge in order to meet course completion requirements.
To complete the Smart Restart course
- Log on to Canvas using your UW-Madison NetID credentials.
- In the red navigation column on the left, click Courses, then select the "Smart Restart" course link.
- Read the instructions on the course home page to complete the course.
To get help
- If you have questions about the completion requirements, or have other general questions about the Smart Restart course, please contact University Health Services directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will assist you within 1-2 business days.
- If you have questions about the Badger Pledge, please contact email@example.com.
- If you are experiencing technical issues with EverFi (the platform for the "Staying Healthy" course), please go to support.everfi.com for assistance. A common problem with EverFi is that you are not able to access your Staying Healthy course immediately after clicking the Canvas link to enroll in the course. In this situation please contact support.everfi.com for assistance.
- If you need help accessing the course or are experiencing Canvas issues, contact the DoIT Help Desk for assistance.