Topics Map > Collaboration > Zoom
Zoom - Adding Zoom to Your Canvas Navigation Bar
This document describes how to add Zoom to your Navigation Bar in Canvas and how to create sessions using the Zoom-Canvas integration.
Zoom integrates with the Canvas Learning Management System. Using this integration, you can create web conferences that are accessible to anyone enrolled in your course. Any recordings you make using Zoom will also be available to those enrolled in the class.
Add Zoom to your Canvas Navigation Bar
- Log in to Canvas at canvas.wisc.edu.
- Navigate to the course you want to add Zoom to.
- In the course navigation menu, click Settings.
- On the Settings page, click the Navigation tab.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page where hidden tools are listed.
- Drag the Zoom menu item to the desired location in the course navigation menu.
- Click Save to save your changes.
Creating Zoom Sessions using the Canvas Integration
- After adding Zoom to your navigation bar, click on the Zoom link in Canvas.
- Next click on the Schedule a Meeting button to schedule a Zoom session associated with your Canvas Course. See Scheduling Recurring Meetings if you'd like your meeting to repeat.Note: Students who join the Zoom session from the link in the integration will automatically be Participants. Any instructors enrolled in your Canvas Course will automatically be co-hosts
- All sessions scheduled this way will appear in the Integration and all recordings made in sessions scheduled this way will appear in the integration as well.Note: Students can create sessions in the Integration interface. All instructors will automatically be enrolled as co-hosts