Topics Map > Known Issues (all tools) > Zoom - Known Issues
Topics Map > Collaboration > Zoom
Zoom - Known Issue - Preloading Breakout Groups in the Zoom/Canvas Integration
It is a known issue that when you create a Zoom session in the Zoom/Canvas integration interface, you cannot preload breakout rooms. This document explains a workaround that will enable you to preload breakout rooms for Zoom meetings in the integration interface.
To preload breakout rooms for sessions in the Zoom-Canvas integration:
- Go to your UW-Madison Zoom account either by launching and signing into Zoom or going to uwmadison.zoom.us.
- Click Schedule a Meeting
- Under Meeting Options, select Breakout Room Preassign. You have several options of how to preassign, please see these step-by-step instructions on how to do your various options.
- Once you have created your session, copy the meeting ID and go to the Canvas course you want this meeting to be associated with and click on Zoom in the Navigation Bar.
- In the top right corner next to Schedule a Meeting you will see a button with vertical dots in a column. Click on this button and select Import Meeting.
- Paste the meeting ID you copied into the space provided and click on Import