Topics Map > HelioCampus AC
Topics Map > Learning Analytics for Learn@UW
HelioCampus AC - Eval Survey Instance - Managing Surveys During Summer or Winterim Sessions (Admin) [UW-Madison]
Within HelioCampus AC, all semesters have one start date, and one end date, which includes summer. However, for summer and January (Winterim) terms, there are several sessions. For that reason, many HelioCampus AC departmental administrators wind up managing their summer surveys through multiple survey schedules.
For summer semesters, consider the following:
- Each survey schedule creates only one survey instance. If you need three different combinations of survey start dates and end dates, you will need three separate schedules.
- After a survey schedule creates the requisite survey instance, you will need to customize the survey dates. (Learn@UW-Madison recommends publishing the schedule and changing the dates within the survey instance.)
- When customizing the survey dates:
- Change the Activation date to a date before you want the survey to start.
- Next change the Start and End dates.
- Change the Faculty Notification date to three days before the survey starts.
- Since summer sessions are shorter, some departments only allow a week for the evaluation to run before ending it. (But, that decision is up to each department. Next click Save.)
- For detailed instructions on accessing and editing survey dates, refer to HelioCampus AC - Eval Survey Instance - Settings (Admin) [UW-Madison].