Topics Map > Namecoach
Namecoach - Getting Started [UW-Madison]
This document explains how to begin using Namecoach, a name pronunciation tool connected with Canvas.
Instructor Considerations before Use
- NameCoach allows everyone to record their name in their own voice. This helps to foster a more inclusive classroom environment.
- Allows for anyone to add their recorded names to their email signature.
- Available to all courses in Canvas and to all employees through the NameCoach website.
- One recording will be used for all courses and the email signature.
Information to share with students
- You can record your name directly inside of Canvas or from the NameCoach website (KB Article)
- You only need to record your name once and it will be accessible in all of your Canvas courses.
See Namecoach Accessibility and Usability Information for important accessibility information.
Steps to Get Started with Namecoach
Questions and Support
For help with Namecoach, please contact the DoIT Help Desk