D2L - eGrade Submission - Export Final Grades From D2L (UW-Madison)
UW-Madison is adopting Canvas as the single, centrally supported learning management system, and discontinuing support for Desire2Learn (D2L) and Moodle. Access to D2L and Moodle will permanently end June 1, 2018. For information about retaining materials from D2L or Moodle, please refer to this document.
D2L eGrade Submission process: Export Final Grades From D2L
D2L eGrading: Export Final Grades From D2LAfter applying a grade scheme to the final grades and preparing the grades, the grades are ready to be exported from D2L to a holding area, where you can then import them into My UW-Madison.
To export final grades from D2L:
- To export your grades to import into My
UW-Madison, begin on the Enter Grades screen. Verify that all students' grades are correct by
ensuring that Users is selected in the View By menu (), and checking the grades in the grade column you are exporting (either Final Adjusted Grade or Final Calculated Grade) on each page by using the navigation () at
the bottom middle of the grades list.
- Click .
- When the confirmation message appears, click Yes.
- If you receive a "500 Error," wait a few minutes and try clicking again.
- When the export is complete, you will see a message telling you the export completed and reminding you to import the grades into My UW-Madison. Click OK to close the message.
Note: Please keep in mind that the "Export Final Grades to Import into My UW-Madison" button used to export the grade book works only during the grade submission period at the end of each semester.
The following brief video steps through the process (includes steps 5 & 6).
Problems with grade export
I do not see the "Export Final Grades to Import into My UW-Madison" option.
- If you do not see the Export Final Grades to Import into My UW-Madison button within your gradebook, and letter grades appear in the grade column you're exporting, contact the Learn@UW Support Team.