Topics Map > Media Delivery > Kaltura > MediaSpace > Media Sharing
Kaltura - How to Embed a Video into a Captivate Presentation (UW-Madison)
This is a guide showing how to use Captivate's web object interaction to embed a video uploaded to UW Madison's Mediaspace
Instructions for Captivate 8 are below the instructions for Captivate 9. Due to the image heavy nature of this document, some of the images are reduced in size for the flow of the document. You can click on the images to see them at their full size and detail.
1. From the toolbar, choose Objects → Web as shown below:
- Select the Auto Load option if you wish to load the object automatically in output. By default, auto load option is selected when you create web object. In edit mode, after loading the object user needs to mouse over the object to start viewing the content.
- If the auto load option is not selected, in the output you need to click the Play button to view the content.
- Choose to show the web object in slide or in new browser window by clicking the
- For display in slide,
- Border Select this option, if you wish to view the border for the web object.
- Scrolling Select this option, if you wish to view the scroll bar when the content of object is bigger than the container.
- Loading Animation Select this option if you want any animation within the web object to load.
- For display in new browser window,
- Default Choose this if you want to view the web object with default browser settings.
- Full Screen Choose this option if you want to view the web object in full screen.
- Custom Choose this option if you want to view the web object within your customized width and height dimensions. Click the blue-colored values corresponding to width and height and specify your preferred values.
Note: This process is not a currently supported feature in either Kaltura MediaSpace or Captivate 8, it is instead a temporary measure to solve the issue of providing video from Kaltura MediaSpace in a Captivate Presentaiton.
This guide's functionality is subject to change and should be regarded as pertinent only at the time it was written (10/6/2014) and only on certain desktop environments (Chrome, Firefox and Safari on OSX 10.9.4 and Chrome on Windows 8.1)
1. Go to the desired Kaltura MediaSpace item. Publishing settings do not seem to matter for the video, so long as you have access to it and can access the Share and Embed Code options and copy the desired embed code:
2. Open a text editor (Textedit in OSX is pictured) and paste the embed code into it. Proceed to select and copy the area of code defined by src= (copy the area defined by quotation marks):
3. In Adobe Captivate 7 or 8 (where Web Object functionality is available), go to Interactions → Learning Interactions (as shown in Captivate 8):
4. Select the Web Object Interaction:
5. In the URL area paste the segment of code copied from the embed code:
6. Size the large web object placeholder to the size you would like the video to be on the Captivate presentation. Note that full screen functionality does not work for the video when actually playing in the published Captivate presentation:
7. You may preview the presentation and video by selecting the Preview in Browser command:
8. You are done!