Topics Map > Content Authoring
Case Scenario Critical Reader - Authoring - Kaltura MediaSpace (UW-Madison)
Please refrain from developing new CSCR modules. UW-Madison is moving to the Canvas LMS. While CSCR modules can be loaded into Canvas courses, they cannot be connected to the Canvas gradebook. A team from the Teaching and Learning Technology Advisory Group (TLTAG) created a recommendation for alternate tools that you can see here. Members of the transition team would like to meet with you to help you select the solution(s) that best meets your needs to move your content. Please let us know when we can best assist you by completing this form or contact the designated instructional technologist for your school or college.
Home > Authoring > Kaltura MediaStreamer
Kaltura is a place for instructors to easily host their videos and be able to distribute them to their students. Kaltura is the recommended method of hosting videos that will be embedded into CSCR. This guide will show you how to upload a video and embed it inside CSCR.
Step 1.) Login To Mediaspace and Upload video
1. Go to http://mediaspace.wisc.edu
2. Login to Mediaspace (if you have trouble with this, please refer to the Knowledgebase article on logging into Mediaspace.)
3. Click on the 'Add New' Button, and select 'Media Upload'
4. Click 'Choose a File to Upload' and select your file.
5. While the file is uploading, fill out any pertinent information, i.e. Name and select the permissions. Any of the permission options will allow the embed work code to work. Select the permission that best fits your situation.
Step 2.) Copy the Embed Code
1. Uploaded Media can be found under the My Media button on the title bar.
2. Double click your video and you can preview it. Below the video, select the Share button and then Embed. Copy the entire embed code
Step 3.) Paste Embed into CSCR
1. Select Web Embed from the Insert drop-down menu.
2. Paste the Embed Code under the Code tab. When finished, click Insert.